Weymouth coaching weekends offer a great chance to get away to the coast in a safe, flat, windy location with a high level of service from the team at The Official Test Centre (OTC). It’s all about friendly, supported social windsurfing with group sizes of usually no more than 6. The level is intermediate to early-advanced and it is suitable for:
- Regular windsurfers
- Occasional windsurfers
- Those who want some professional guidance after periods of self-learning
- Those who want to get their season off to a positive start
- Those who want to try a new location
- Those who are looking at getting back into the sport after time away
- Advanced windsurfers who, despite using smaller freewave boards on the coast, would benefit from re-focusing on basics such as improved tacking, non-planing gybing, heli-tacks and other essentials to generally up the game
- Advanced windsurfers who would like the opportunity to obtain GoPro 7 Black stills or footage of them windsurfing at full-speed from a mast/boom-mounted Flymount, K4 Harness Mount or a head-mount on Simon who can track closely from behind for a unique look at the action!
These weekends will only run when forecasts of suitable conditions are confirmed during the few days before.
- 5/6 October 2019
- 18/19 April 2020
- 6/7 June 2020
- 25/26 July 2020
- 26/27 September 2020
- 28/29 November 2020
Booking and pricing
The cost is £200 per weekend (2019) and will increase to £210 in 2020. This includes 2 days of kit hire. Own kit can be used. Please book by sending a message through the CONTACT page of this website.
Candidates arrange their own transport and accommodation. Please book accommodation that can be cancelled without penalty as the weekends will not run in unsuitable conditions such stormy or windless weather. Popular choices are RYA Portland House, YHA Portland, local camping and local B+Bs. A decision will usually be made either way on the Wednesday before. A social meal will be arranged locally for the Saturday night for those who wish to participate.