Weymouth coaching clinics offer a great chance to get away to the coast in a safe, flat, windy location with a high level of service from the team at The Official Test Centre (OTC). It’s all about friendly, supported, social windsurfing in a maximum group size of 6. The level is intermediate to early-advanced and is suitable for:
- Shared experiences - enjoying our sport with others
- Regular windsurfers
- Occasional windsurfers
- Those who want some professional guidance after periods of self-learning
- Those who want to get their season off to a positive start
- Those who want to try a new location
- Those who are looking at getting back into the sport after time away
- Advanced windsurfers who, despite using smaller freewave boards on the coast, would benefit from re-focusing on basics such as improved tacking, non-planing gybing, heli-tacks and other essentials to generally up the game
- Advanced windsurfers who would like the opportunity to obtain GoPro 7 Black stills or footage of them windsurfing at full-speed from a mast/boom-mounted Flymount, K4 Harness Mount or a head-mount on Simon who can track closely from behind for a unique look at the action!
These clinics will only run when forecasts of suitable conditions are confirmed during the few days before (no one wants to turn up for zero wind or gales).
2020 Saturday/Sunday Clinics
- 26/27 September
- 28/29 November
2020 Monday/Tuesday Clinics
- 28/29 September
- 30 November/1 December
2020 Wednesday/Thursday Clinics
- 30 September/1 October
- details to follow
Booking and pricing
The cost is:
- £240 per 2-day clinic including 2 days of unlimited kit hire
- £120 per 2-day clinic using all your own kit
As soon as a piece of OTC kit is used then the kit hire day rate is payable. Multiple clinics can be booked for a 4-day (or 6-day where applicable) back-to-back getaway.
Candidates arrange their own transport and accommodation. Please book accommodation that can be cancelled without penalty as the clinics are less likely to run in unsuitable conditions such as storms.
Popular choices are RYA Portland House, YHA Portland, Hotel Aqua, Portland Lodge, Heights Hotel, Weymouth Camping and Caravanning Park, local B+Bs or Airbnb. A decision will usually be made either way on the Wednesday before. Social meals will be arranged locally for those who wish to participate. This will usually be at The Boat That Rocks restaurant in Portland Marina but may be elsewhere.
Please book by sending a message through the CONTACT page of this website.