As an authority on watersports operations and RYA Training Centre recognition Simon can write/review/advise on paperwork, risk assessments, standard operating procedures etc. Help can also be provided with AALA/AALS recognition. Technical editing and proof-reading services are available for anything from documents and forms to web content and brochures. Simon works with a number of professional marine photographers and illustrators so design, photography, illustrations and the creation or updating of logos and branding can be factored in to a project.
Current and previous work includes:
- The setup of a number of RYA Training Centres
- The introduction of new disciplines and activities to sailing clubs and watersports centres
- The creation, introduction and development (in 2004) of the flagship sailing/windsurfing package QM Select at Queen Mary Sailing Club which remains an outstanding success to the current day
- Director-level and head-of-department projects from the very first ideas to full completion
- The creation and implementation of standard operating procedures and other paperwork for a number of providers
- Editing/proofreading the RYA Start and Intermediate Windsurfing Handbooks (G49, G51), the RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Coaching Notes and the RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus and Logbook (G47).
- Writing Fundamentals coaching articles for Windsurfing UK magazine
- Writing technical coaching articles for RYA Wavelength magazine
- Working with a number of brands (Starboard, Severne, Flymount, K4 Fins, Bollé, The Official Test Centre (OTC), Spinlock and Sails & Canvas) to test, utilise and promote high-end products through watersports participation and social media
Simon can advise on safety, programming, increasing participation and the introduction/development of dinghy sailing, windsurfing, powerboating and raft-building activities. He can work with you to create and deliver staff training and CPD (continuing professional development) programmes on and off the water.