Simon is a windsurfing, windfoiling and dinghy sailing coach and a Team Rider for Starboard Windsurfing and Severne Sails. He is one of only a handful of people in the world qualified to deliver every (non-foiling) RYA Windsurfing and Dinghy instructor course - including Advanced Windsurf Instructor.
He specialises in the coaching of intermediate and advanced windsurfing, currently runs windsurfing clinics in Costa Teguise (Lanzarote), Alaçati (Turkey), Prasonisi (Rhodes, Greece) and Portland Harbour (Weymouth, UK) and writes coaching articles for Windsurfing UK magazine. He also delivers marine first aid training and offers consultancy services for the setting up of watersports training programmes in clubs and centres. Simon has a passion for being out on the water and for helping others to make the most of their time afloat.
Simon has published 18 articles for Windsurfing UK magazine. The articles are aimed to provide specific guidance on the fundamentals of windsurfing and and written in a varied and entertaining way featuring great photography from the likes of Alex Irwin (Sportography), Andy Stallman, Protography, Mikael Linder (Into Fire and Water), Two Goat Media and Simon himself. A number of articles feature original artwork from Pete Galvin.
Click here to see the articles as FREE PDFs. The subjects covered are:
- A Basic Look at How Windsurfing Works
- Planing Made Simple
- Non-planing Steering
- Planing Steering
- These Girls Can! Emerging Female Role Models in Windsurfing
- The Basics of Coastal Windsurfing Part 1
- The Basics of Coastal Windsurfing Part 2
- Windsurfing Equipment & Essentials: Taking the Right Stuff
- Kit Setup and Tuning Fundamentals Part 1: Rigging, Downhaul, Outhaul, Boom Height, Mastfoot Position
- Kit Setup and Tuning Fundamentals Part 2: Footstraps
- Mixing It Up: The Cookie Interview
- Kit Setup and Tuning Fundamentals Part 3: Fins
- Kit Setup and Tuning Fundamentals Part 4: Harnesses and Harness Lines
- Windsurfing Photography Part 1: The Selfie
- Costa Teguise Lanzarote: The Perfect Playground
- Windsurfing Photography Part 2: DSLR Basics
- Windsurfing Photography Part 3: Editing
- Masts - Everything You Need to Know
Click below on the Coaching Special to access the first four of these free resources (starting on page 50).